• 1 1/4 cups ( abt 180g) all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup (abt 120g) butter, room emperature
• 2 table spoons sour cream
• Two tins of 820g (29oz) canned peaches (about 60 slices) without the syrup
• 3 large egg yolks
• 3/4 cup (abt 170g)sour cream
• 3/4 cup (abt 170g) sugar
• 1/4 cup (abt 35g) all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup (abt 150g) peach preserves or jelly
• 1 table spoon frozen orange juice concentrate
• Mint, forgarnish
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C (abt 375 F)
To make the crust:
Place the flour, butter, and sour cream in a food processor and pulse to combine. When the dough has formed a ball, pat with lightly floured hands into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 26cm (10-inch) tart pan with a removable bottom and 1,3 cm (1/2-inch) sides, or a round au gratin dish. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the crust is set but not browned. Let cool while preparing the filling.
Lower the oven temperature to 180 C (350F)
To make the filling:
Arrange the peach slices in overlapping circles on top of the crust, until it's completely covered. Overfill the crust, as peaches might shrink during
cooking. Combine the egg yolks, sour cream, sugar, and flour and beat until smooth. Pour the mixture over the peaches. Place the tart pan on a baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour, until the custard sets and is pale golden in color. Cover with an aluminum foil tent if the crust gets too dark. Transfer the tart pan to a wire rack to cool. When cool, remove the side wall of the pan.
To make the glaze
Combine the preserves or jelly and orange juice. Spread with a pastry brush over the top of the warm tart. Serve the tart warm, at room temperature, or chilled. Garnish with fresh mint.